Friday, October 16, 2009

39 hours and counting

The 1/2 marathon is Sunday morning. 8 AM. I am feeling nervous about not being able to finish because of injury and what will I do if I really do injure myself?
Then I tell myself I ran the 25k in May with only 10 miles under my belt...I can run 13.1. I just want this race to be done and my body back to the healing process!
I do love what running has done for my weight and shape and am not looking forward to the long winter without it.
I'm still debating if I should run the 25k again in May or just stick to 5k's. Also in the very recesses of my mind is the mantra: run a marathon...just one. But if I pay attention to the mantra I realize how utterly ridiculous that would be .... or not?
Praying God will provide an incredible run for me on Sunday - hopeful for 2:15 that's a little over a a 10 minute mile.

No comments: