Sunday, October 4, 2009

Better?

Okay...so this week was better...not so hectic.
Running is not going as planned! I had hoped to run the half-marathon course on Saturday. Ended up sleeping until 9AM...ate, laid around...finally got going at noon. Got out of my car at the Y and ...rain! Lovely! So I ran...thanks to the ArtPrize people who cheered me on - I made it to about mile 5 before my knee starting hurting - have had knee issues since Tuesday - thought maybe I could push it but decided I'd like to run in two weeks so walked/ran back to my car.
Today I went to Gazelle Sports and spent more money on a pair of shoes and inserts than I did on my groceries for the whole week! I'll try running again on Tuesday.
The race is Oct. 18...so I have some time but I really wanted to have 13 miles "under my belt" so I knew I could do it. The farthest I've run is 11. That will have to do unless I want to try for 12 on Saturday!
Oh, to have such trivial problems! Thank you, God, for your blessings!

No comments: