Monday, November 23, 2009

Sounds of Christmas

Wow! Just finished the last Chamber Choir rehearsal before the concert and it was fabulous! There are a few songs I need to work on before Saturday night but WOW...it will be wonderful!

Ethan's birthday came and went. We didn't really do anything as a family because it was so busy that day. We all talked about him and loved him through out last week. At church on Sunday, I was asked to sing "I can Only Imagine" by Mercy Me. After a lot of tweaking, we were able to get it so it sounded good! Sunday Pastor let us know that we would know it would be time to sing when a picture of Jesus was flashed up. The picture he chose to flash up was the same picture we used on Ethan's memorial cards at his funeral. The only thing I thought was ... you can't think about this right now! You have to sing! So I did and I guess did pretty well because I received several compliments afterwards! The Glory goes all to God who gave me the gift of a singing voice! Thank you to a great voice teacher who helped hone it!

If you get a chance, the Chamber Choir Concert is this weekend. Saturday at 7:30pm and Sunday at 3pm at St. Adalbert's on 4th and Davis in Grand Rapids. Tickets are sold at the door - $20 general, $18 Seniors and $10 Students. There is a $2.00 coupon in The Grand Rapids Press on Thanksgiving day.

Done with my sales pitch! Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so thankful for my Lord and Saviour! Without Him, I would not exist.

No comments: